Lyon

Lyon

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Solche Bilder


Ok, people. It's the moment you've all been waiting for...
Amanda's Awesome Adventures is now available with illustration!
Autographs available. Mail inquiries to:
Inter II
Jakob Welder Weg 36
Zi. 86
55128 Mainz
Germany
Fruit baskets and bouquets accepted.



Before you all scroll down, I have to apologize for the scattered order of the pictures and the lack of a detailed description--first and foremost, the upload widget on this website is backwards and scatters things around even when I had them in a nice order. As for the lack of description, that's just because I don't know any fun facts to share at this point. Most of the pictures were taken while I was wandering through the city with other Midd Kids. And believe me, I have plenty more photos to share that aren't uploaded here. I do know, however, that something like 80% of Mainz was destroyed (I've heard numbers ranging from 70 to 92, so we will guess-timate) during World War II. Taking this into consideration makes the city that much more impressive. When I know more fun trivia, you people will be the first to find out.




My street! and a fountain on campus




Fall :) A little bit of the campus...










Frankfurt!





A little bit more of Frankfurt

A shop window in Frankfurt--this reminded me of Shrek. Anybody? No?




The Cathedral in Frankfurt





As promised...photos of delicious desserts. Including ice cream lasagna!

What can I say, I have clean plate syndrome.

I'm only a little obsessed with this film (seeing as how my last post was a quote from this movie). But this poster was an advertisement against pirated films. And it's pretty fantastic.

Some cool kids imitating some statue in Frankfurt. Sarah, Erich, and Hannah.





The courtyard of the cathedral in Mainz

Fachwerkhaeuser in Mainz

Hannah and a giant hourglass. Very random, I know. St. Peter's Church, Mainz

My favorite part of the city! It's a very quaint square with my absolute favorite fountain of them all--children holding umbrellas. Closer look below:


St. Stephan's--this church is also in close vicinity of my favorite place in Mainz

The man himself: Johannes Gutenberg.





Statues and fountains galore....

I forget the exact date of this fountain, but I remember thinking: that's older than the United States! Good grief!

St. Peter's again

Where I live...almost.

Christus Kirche

Christus Kirche again

A market in the Marktplatz




The Cathedral in Mainz




Fountains!!!! I told you there were a lot. I didn't even photograph them all.

A quaint street in Mainz


Another fountain! If you listen closely, he sings "Take me to the river" and "Don't Worry, be Happy."
Peace, love, and second-hand smoke,
Amanda

3 comments:

NATHAN said...

second-hand smoke. agreed.

NATHAN said...

i just noticed the fink store! its killing me hahaha

angelofu said...

it does look like the thing in shrek. My band teacher in middle school was obsessed with that scene